The Inquirer is a leading independent daily newspaper published in Liberia, based in Monrovia. It is privately owned with a "good reputation".

Family Rejects Gov’t’s Report … Calls On Government To Retract Statement, Release His Brother

The family of the 72-year old man, John Teah, who is said to have died from the coronavirus, had refuted the reports, terming it as false and misleading.
The family is at the same time calling on the government through the Liberia National Police (LNP) to immediately release Junior Teah, the eldest son of the deceased.
Speaking to this paper yesterday minutes after the news broke out regarding the death of John Teah, the younger son of the deceased, Prince Teah said the hospital reports given to them by the African Dream Medical Clinic and the ELWA Hospital didn’t mention anything about the virus.
Prince explained that on Wednesday, April 1, 2020, his elder brother along with other relatives an himself took their father (John Teah) to the African Dream Medical Clinic in ELWA for treatment but were later told that his sugar level was high.
According to him, his father most of the time suffered from pressure, but they immediately went to the ELWA Hospital since indeed he could not be treated at the African Dream Medical Clinic.
Upon their arrival at the ELWA Hospital, Prince said, medical examinations carried out showed that his father’s condition was then stable, and they were asked to go back home with him (John Teah), but they returned the next day when they noticed that the pressure was increasing.
“After arriving at the ELWA Hospital, we were asked by the doctors to go back home, that was on Wednesday, but on Tuesday, the pressure started increasing, so we decided to go back to the hospital. It was then on that Thursday, the management at the hospital said, they called people from the Public Health Institute of Liberia who came and extracted blood specimen from our father,” one of the children explained.
“What surprised us most at the ELWA Hospital was, our father who never had leprosy was admitted at the leper’s ward and on Friday when we returned to the hospital, we were stopped from seeing our father; we made all efforts, but to no avail, only for one white lady to come and tell us that our father had died of the Coronavirus,” he stated.
Meanwhile, sources at the hospital said, John Teah had some major complications, although they declined to say if his death was as a result of the Coronavirus, but the Administrator of the hospital, Rev. Moses Garway said, the report circulating on the social media as reported by the Ministry of health was not given by them.
He also declined the responsibility of the report, but the Liberian National Police who arrested the elder son of the deceased had admitted that they arrested Junior Teah for leading gangsters at the hospital to disturb. Police spokesman Moses Carter said, Junior Teah had been turned over to the NPHIL for checking since indeed he was the last contact to the deceased John Teah.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :